[Acm] Suse Linux for RAID server

Matt mjr40 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 19 12:57:09 PST 2008

Hi all -

Did a little research - for the RAID server we may have to use SUSE Linux.    According to the Adaptec website, the SCSI RAID controller we are using is supported in SUSE:
  Supported Operating Systems
  SuSE 8.0
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/raid/scsi_raid/ASR-2010S/

This is good, since OSCAR supports SUSE as well:
Table 1: OSCAR supported distributions
Distribution and Release Architecture Status
SUSE Linux 10.0 x86 Fully supported
http://oscar.openclustergroup.org/

I will work on getting OpenSUSE from Edmunds-Enterprises in the near future:
http://www.edmunds-enterprises.com/linux/modules/cart/index.php?ba=pdtl&product=399

Cheers -
Matt