[Acm] Apparel/Name for heterogeneous cluster

Matt mjr40 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 8 22:30:23 PST 2008

Hi all -

With regards to apparel for the Fordham supercomputer, I was thinking perhaps we could design a logo (or perhaps sponsor a contest at Fordham).  Then we could set up an account at CafePress.com, upload the logo and sell the items through CafePress so we won't have to put any money up front.  I did that with my company logo:
http://www.cafepress.com/ping127001

Also, with regards to a name for the hetergeneous Linux cluster, I was thinking Phoenix.  The logic behind the name is that since it is being created out of old PCs that were destined for recycling, it is arising out of nothing; essentially worthless pieces of equipment are being rigged together to create something that is larger than the sum of its parts.  This is similar to the mythological creature the Phoenix, which is born out of ashes.  Here are some images of Phoenixes we can possibly use:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/olympus/6581/phoenix.jpg
http://hpsdr.org/wiki/images/f/fb/Phoenix_bird.jpg
http://phoenix.gov/COURT/phxbird.jpg

Thoughts?  Comments?