[Acm] 3 more switches and start of logo

Matt mjr40 at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 23 21:17:34 PDT 2008

Hi all -

The Pentium II which I was trying to load OpenSuse on seemed to be having serious issues, so I just decided to recycle it and use it for parts.  The good thing is that I got 2 momentary switches and plugs out of it that are both functional.  Also built another using the Radio Shack switches.  I believe that we have 9 now.

Also, I was thinking of calling the heterogeneous supercomputer The Phoenix, after the mythical bird of prey that arises from fire and ashes.  The reasoning behind this is that the heterogeneous supercomputer will be made largely of old used PCs and PCs that were headed for recycling.  Hence, the supercomputer is arising out of things that are thought to be less than functional, ie: ashes.  As such, something greater is arising out of the sum of its parts.  I have started to create a logo for it, which we can perhaps use to produce shirts using something like CafePress.com or Zazzle.com to raise money and promote it.  The logo is about halfway done; it is attached in ODP, PNG and PDF formats for the Community's review.  Please note that I am not a graphic artist, so it is a bit rough.

Cheers -
Matt