[Acm] Great job everyone

Matt mjr40 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 12 21:41:19 PDT 2008

Hi all -

Just wanted to say that everyone who came out today early, late or intermittently did a great job today with The Pangloss Supercomputer.  As Garrett suggested, we should start writing up documentation (good suggestion Garrett).

Ivee, did you want to work on the logo?  I included some links below for more information about the Pangloss character.

Cameron, could you send me the hardware specs?  That way I can start writing up in OpenOffice and export it into PDF format.

If we need to get a direct Internet connect so that we can download OSCAR, I should be able to arrange something at the Internet cafe/computer store I do work with in midtown.

Here is some more information about Pangloss; he was a character in one of Voltaire's novels:
http://www.literature.org/authors/voltaire/candide/chapter-01.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangloss

Cheers -
Matt